Monday, 9 March 2015

Evaluation Task 6


What have you learnt from editing process?

Editing of our opening sequence was part of the creative post-production tasks. Nowadays, film editing increasingly involves the use of digital technology. We have used Adobe Premiere Pro during the editing process of constructing our opening sequence. At the beginning, I was confused about exactly what After Effects does, and what makes it different to another video editing application such as Premier Pro. At first glance Adobe Premiere Pro seemed to be quite difficult software which require high level of knowledge and skills. However, afterwards Matt explained every single detail which seemed difficult at the beginning of the editing process, for example I completely did not know how to make creative and beautiful titles.
Moreover, the editing process involved lots of creative decisions using tolls within Adobe premiere pro as a wide range of shot could allow our team to make experiments in order to achieve the best result in the end. We experimented with wide range of tools such as brush, clone stamp and eraser. I uploaded some pictures of the editing process of our group.Overall, the most significant point that I have learnt from the editing process is to be creative in every situation because it can really help you when you have difficulties with organizing shots.

                  Process of adding titles to 'Detrimental'

In the beginning of the editing process I completely did not know how to add sound or title, but Matt explained us that information very throughly. Adobe Pro gave our team the ability to create title clips that we then added to our edit. Adding title withe the adobe Premiere Pro was an exiting process. First of all, I Choose Title > New Title > Default Still. The new title window has appeared and I pressed OK.

Then with the Type tool, I clicked in the lower area of the frame and types name of the titles there, pressed return (enter) to make a line break and I typed title here. Then I flecked the close button at the top of the Title window. With all our groups we noted the presence of the title clip in the Project panel, finally I just dragged the title clip on the timeline where they were expected to be.
                                      

YouTube

When our editing process was finished we started the process of publishing 'Detrimental' in YouTube as this is significant process for each digital project because it allows vast majority of people from all over the world to watch it. To export a video in Premiere Pro we followed these instructions which Matt gave us.
1. we went to File > Export > Media
2. Then, we changed our export settings to exactly match our opening sequence settings. We selected our format as H.264.
3. The next step was selecting one of two Premiere Pro export options: "Queue" or "Export".
4. When we chosen "Export" it simply exported the sequence right from that window.
I found the process of exporting the project from premiere Pro CC as very interesting process.

To sum it up, the editing process was very useful part of our coursework as I have learnt a lot of new information about the editing process. Therefore, I have become more accomplished in the sphere of editing and I am ready to put obtained skills and knowledge into practice once again during my A2 coursework next year.  

1 comment:

  1. Comment on how you added titles & sound. Once you completed the project you then uploaded it onto You Tube. Explain what this is.

    ReplyDelete