Friday, 11 September 2015

Research into Similar Artists

In order to be well-prepared I have decided to conduct my own research into real artists. I am going to investigate how the real singers of chosen songs perform and market their music.
  • Ed Sheeran
He is an English signer-songwriter and musician. The lyrics of his song is usually about love and a relationship.

I can highlight that Ed Sheeran's website is quite innovative and made especially in regard with teenagers. I really like the function with regional identity. 

  • Coldplay
Researching the British Band called Coldplay I primarily noticed that their website made in a very creative way. For instance, fans can observe the history of a band using an online timeline.


I also enjoy the band's image. Group members prefer casual clothes in order to concentrate fans' attention on their music rather that visual image (e.g costumes, make-up, props).


I personally respect Coldplay because despite their worldwide popularity, the band has remained protective of how their music is used in the media, refusing its use for product endorsements In the past, Coldplay turned down multi-million dollar contracts from Gatorade, Diet Coke, and Gap, who wanted to use the songs "Yellow", "Trouble", and "Don't panic" respectively. According to frontman, Chris Martin, "We wouldn't be able to live with ourselves if we sold the songs' meanings like that."

  • Rihanna

Public image: Known for reinventing her style and image, Rihanna's music and fashion sense are noted by the media. In 2009, New York magazine described Rihanna's early look as that of a cookie-cutter teen queen, noting she has the ability to shift looks dramatically and with great ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment