Passion Picture:- Small independent studio;
- Oscar winner;
- It has 50 years of professional experience in the movie industry.
First of all, I was fascinated by the web-site of "Passion Pictures" as it was extremely creative as well as very useful and organized. The animations which were used were simply incredible.
The speaker - Oliver Allgrove is a proaction manager and assistant director in "Passion Pictures". He became well-known after such successful British movies as "This is England" (2006), "16 years of alcohol" (2003), "Somers Town" (2008) and "Sparkle" (2007).
Furthermore, Oliver Allgrove became famous for the work with Gorillaz. During the talk, I highlighted that Oliver argued that the work with Garillaz became the most interesting project for him as it is very unusual to have animated characters in the music video instead of real people. He told us that the members of the production team have started with blank sheet of paper and the project was quite complicated.He suggested that this was also a very risky project as he and his colleague did not know for sure audience's assessment. However, it is fair to argue that the project was extremely successful not only in the UK, but in other European countries, America and Asia as well.

During the talk Oliver made some key points about the process of commissioning/making music video. Now, I want to write about these key points as I consider that this is very important information which definitely help us during the process of creation of our pop music video.
- Oliver highlighted that planning the process of creation music video is extremely important s it can safe time and help you to be more organized and well-prepared for the shooting day. Oliver emphasized that there are 5 key staged in the music video production:
- Oliver also suggested that there is no point to do something expensive as your sponsor/customer has a limited budget. If you do so, it may become a big problem not only for you, but for the quality of a music video as well. Oliver said that in the cases when your production team has a very limited budget, it is better to concentrate on the artist rather then expensive visual effects. He also showed us an example of such a video, when his team tried to concentrate all audience's attention on the band. As a result, there was only one quite complicated scene, which required balloons.
Overall, I found the talk by Oliver Allgrove extremely interesting and useful. I found our a lot of new information and professional key aspects about the production of music video. In the conclusion I want to say that I try to do my best to apple all knowledge which I gained during the talk.









An excellent post, Liza, which offers a clear account of the presentation in a lively, interesting manner. Your use of image and video material is effective throughout. You have identified some of the key ideas covered and shown how these are relevant to your own work as an aspiring music video producer.
ReplyDelete