Thursday, 25 June 2015

Lip Sync Exercise - Process

  Lip Sync Exercice
During our block lessons we did a lip since exercise involving a small music video. For our lip since exercise we have chosen the song called "Shake it off" because it is very popular and almost everyone knew its lyrics.

  • To prepare for the shouting day we decided to wear all dark or black clothes in order to make contrast on our physical expressions. We also did quite brights make up which involve four black stripes on our cheeks. I think that this was a lever decision to use this particular type of make up because it can attract audience to pay more attention during watching this video.
  • First of all in the studio we started to think about the storyline of the music video and how it should look like. Additionally, in the studio we had three different walls with completely different props. So this allows us to make our music video more creative as it looks really professional due to such sophisticated ambience. 

  •  It was really amazing experience as we had real  practice of how our real music video would be shot. This particular exercise was really useful as we shot and edited everything by ourselves. I obtained such skills as working in a group because we should take into account points of view of other group's members. This was sometimes quite difficult as we had 7 group members and everyone had different ideas and suggestions. However, we managed to work in team and create a good music video. During the shooting process I have understood that this is really significant to work in team as it helps you to overcome a great number of difficulties which usually arise during such exercises. So I am really happy and I am proud of my group! 
  • After two and a half hour in the studio, we went to the editing suite in order to start editing process which is one of the most significant factors in the music video. Of course every single music video should be well edited as it makes them look professionally. In the suite we were decided into 5 teams. Them Matt showed us how we should start edit our lip synk exercise. At first he asked us to cut each video to the point where drum beat starts. When we have managed to do so, we have started edit our 30 seconds long video. It was so interesting! Actually there were so many good trials, so we could not decide which one we should use. After quite long discussion we have managed to finish our lip sing exercise.
  • However, I suppose that next time i would try to spent less time in the studio and note time in the editing suite. This is because I think that we should pay more attention on editing process and less on shooting process.Overall, lip sing exercise was an amazing experience and I really want to do it one more time as it helps us to obtain a lot of skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment