Thursday, 6 November 2014

Edit lesson 1


With the footage shot last week, in this lesson we introduced the basics of editing in Adobe Premiere, including how to correctly check work in and out of the Mac server. 






Once the work has been checked out and is ready to go, the students learn how to make new 'Bins' in Premiere to organize the raw footage. Following this, the footage is then placed on the timeline and using a mixture of tools such as Trim Handles, Blade and In/Out points and cut to make a clean, continuity edit.
 What I learnt from this lesson:

  • I learnt how to import files from various platforms, such as: DV Camcorder, Webcam, Mobile Phones, Pc Files and HDV Camcorder. After learning how to import files onto the software I was now able to start modifying the film.
  • Once the film had been imported onto the software, I learnt that you had to drag the film down to the bottom where you either chose to view you film in Timeline or Sceneline.
  • In Timeline I learnt that the film you imported is placed under, 'Video 1'. This enables you to cut  parts out of your film, drag them above into, 'Video 2' where you can either delete the scene, make it shorter or change the place of the scene in your film.
  • In scene line I learnt that you view the freeze fames from the start of every different shot that you have in your film.
  • I also learnt that on Sceneline you can apply different transitions between scenes by going onto edit, selecting transitions, and then dragging the transition you want into the little box situated between scenes.
  • I also learnt that that in timeline you can apply different effects to scenes by going onto edit, selecting the effect and then dragging the effect you want onto the scene you want it to appear


Learning how to use the software opens up a great number of opportunities which you can apply to a film using. It was very useful because we have learnt how create stories by combining dialogue, sound effects, music and how to work with the raw footage, selecting shots and combining them into sequences to create a finished motion picture. Moreover, it was very interesting process and I've learnt a lot of new interesting information especially about using Adobe Premiere correctly. Editing is the movement and manipulation of frames, within which more movement takes place.



1 comment:

  1. LIza

    yo have blogged the editing and filming process of the prelim task really well. You have given an accurate account of how you constructed the meeting. You evidently worked well as a part of your team. You still need to post your prelim - I can help you post this by embedding the video onto your blog. This will also need to be evaluated - Please see the task sheet.

    ReplyDelete